19th to 23 October 2014, Dammam, KSA
26th to 30th October 2014, Doha, Qatar
NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety the Oil and Gas Certificate provides an excellent foundation, allowing those within the oil and gas industries to manage oil and gas operational risks effectively. This specialist qualification focuses on operational process safety and highlights the importance of process safety management so that candidates can effectively manage process safety both onshore and offshore throughout the world.
CERTIFIED BY : NEBOSH
NEBOSH (The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) was formed in 1979 as an independent examining board and awarding body with charitable status. We offer a comprehensive range of globally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental and risk management needs of all places of work in both the private and public sectors.
BIZENIUS is working in collaboration with the NEBOSH Accredited course provider ACT Associates Ltd (Centre Number 120) for the delivery of the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety from the 22nd – 27th September 2014 in Angola at the Escola Nacional de Administracao (ENAD) venue.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explain the purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products
- Outline the risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the principles of assessing and managing contractors, including the roles of parties involved
- Outline the tools, standards, measurement, competency requirements and controls applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM) in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the importance of safe plant operation and maintenance of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls to ensure safe start up and shut down of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for safe containment of hydrocarbons offshore and onshore
- Outline types of failure modes that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbon
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for operating boilers and furnaces
- Outline appropriate control measures to minimize the effects of fire and explosion in the oil and gas industries
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is suitable for managers, supervisors, safety staff, and safety representatives with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to manage oil and gas operational risks effectively. Delegates should already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues and may already have studied one of NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications. A good standard of written English is essential.